Features Request

Here's a thread for us to ask about where to find features, or request those that don't exist.
Couple off the bat are:

1. Is there a way to see a list of members?
  2. I haven't tried this yet, but can we pin posts to the top of categories?

Comments

1. I as admin can. I don't know if you as moderators can, or if there's a way for users to. Maybe a introductions post?
    2. Yes, when you post (or after) check the gear and look for the "Announce" options. That will pin to the top of a category or the overall list.

Editing and deleting posts doesn't seem to work - even as a mod.

That may be a different permission.

edited October 2018

Okay, I've set a config that lets people edit their posts for up to one hour after they post.

edited October 2018

And I figured out the other thing- The mod forum has custom permissions, so mods can't delete/edit other mods' comments and such.

Press: "Are you a Mod or a Rocker?"

Ringo: "I'm a Mocker."

I uploaded a banner image, but it seems to want to squish it into a 4x6 or something. Is there a way to get it to behave like a banner, do you think?

@Apocryphal can you link/send me the banner so I can download and play with?
    Will do when I’m back at my pc.

@Apocryphal I think I have it from what you uploaded. Or at least, something I can work with.

I have noticed that attaching a picture to a thread works, but linking a picture to one doesn't. Would it be worth enabling the linking feature to cut down on storage use?

Yes you can create a link to a location on the web using the link button. But if you open the 'attach an image' button it gives you two choices - uploading an image, or linking to a URL. You can copy the URL into the dialogue box, but that doesn't result in an image being attached to the post.

edited October 2018

FYI - also running up against a character limit for one of my reviews. Can we up that?

@Apocryphal I upped the character limit to 16000 from 8000, should be sufficient? :)!

Testing embedded image:

Good for now. Might test my review of Farley Mowat's Ordeal by Ice but we'll see LOL.

Another curious thing I discovered in posting these: When using the formatting options, the 'Heading 2' format (##) gives a nice heading, but the 'Heading 1' format (a singe #) just makes the line disappear.

Test 1

Test 2

Test 3

edited October 2018

Heading 1

Heading 2

Code

Spoiler

Seems OK, but this time the Heading 1 showed up the the preview, but not headng 2. Previously, heading 2 showed up, but not heading 1 (in the preview, I mean - I didn't try to post).

So maybe it's just that the preview is funky.

Embed image test

Works!

I have noticed a few glitches with the preview. Saving the draft and reloading usually fixes.

Yay working images!

I just noticed that the little black 'NEW' tabs beside posts disappeared within the last day or two. Was that accidental and can we bring them back?

On the other hand, there are little black numbers on the left column beside various things and I have no idea what they're for, or how to get rid of them. They don't indicate unread things, because I've read everything. And they don't count the threads I've started, because there are none in RPG Reviews.

@Apocryphal This I'm not sure of and will need to dig into.

The 'NEW' tabs are back.

Yay! I did nothing.

@Apocryphal - is that Joshua fitin the battle of Jericho with the entire Tower of Power horn section behind him?

@clash_bowley said:
    @Apocryphal - is that Joshua fitin the battle of Jericho with the entire Tower of Power horn section behind him?

Actually it's Cletus Awreetus Awrightus

@rossum Do you think there's a plug in that would allow embedded links to who an image of what's being linked to, like on G+? It would liven things up here and people posted links. I've been plugging in a picture separately, most most people (and nobody on a phone, I shouldn't think) will go to that trouble.

@rossum Please see last post as well in case you missed it.

I noticed that some of you ( @Ray_Otus and @clash_bowley ) commented directly to new joins. I've yet to see a notification for new people joining, or even a place to list members. Can I ask you you were notified, and how I can be, too?

I have no idea. Seriously. Wasn't paying attention. As Drax the Destroyer said: "Sorry, I was thinking of something else..."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file